Data Protection Laws
6. Data Protection Laws including GDPR compliance and implementation plan
Define Media seeks to comply with all applicable data protection, privacy and data security laws which includes, but is not limited to, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have undertaken the following actions in connection with GDPR compliance guidelines:
- modifying our products to reduce collection of personal data and ensure compliance with GDPR requirements for processing personal data including making sure our data deletion practices comply with GDPR’s right of erasure requirement;
- implementing appropriate product design policies technical and organisational measures to ensure privacy principles and protection of personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental destruction or loss;
- reviewing our security practices to ensure that the personal data we process on behalf of our customers, through their use of our services, is adequately protected;
- inclusion in any contract with subcontractors, who will process personal data directly or indirectly on behalf of Client or Affiliates, provisions in favour of Clients and Affiliates which are equivalent to those in this policy;
- promptly referring to Clients and Affiliates any requests, notices or other communication from data subjects, the Information Commissioner or any other law enforcement authority, for Clients and Affiliates to resolve;
- at no additional cost, provide such information to Clients and Affiliates as they may reasonably require, and within the timescales reasonably specified by Clients and Affiliates, to allow them to comply with the rights of data subjects, including subject-access rights, or with notices served by the Information Commissioner;
- updating our privacy policies to keep our website visitors and customers informed of how we may collect and use their information and reviewing our marketing practices to ensure we are communicating with prospects and customers in a manner that respects their rights under GDPR;
- Further updates and changes may be made to ensure continued compliance with privacy regulations that apply to Define Media's provision of services and marketing practices.